Introduction to the Work Planning View
Are you a Traffic or Project Manager looking to see what's on you and your team's plate for the near future? Then you'll want to check out our Work Planning View, available under the Tasks menu on your main FP navigation bar.
Please review this article for an introduction to what you can see on this view into your workload.
Who Can Access the Work Planning View?
Manage which staff users are able to see the Work Planning View via their permission settings within the Tasks menu. Turn on/ off both the resourcing view and the Work Planning view with the Task | Resources Link permission.
How Do I Access the Work Planning View?
Access this view via the Tasks module on the main navigation bar. At the bottom of that list, choose Work Planning View.
What Does the Work Planning View Show Me?
This short term forecasting view displays plenty of pertinent information including:
- A display as of today's date plus the next 30 days.
- Active staff organized by their Role at the agency.
- Tasks that are in a status of Assigned or In Progress appearing in blue. Tasks that are in a status of Draft appearing in purple.
- Top lines by role and individual as to what portion of their day (in hours) is booked up with Tasks.
- If a Task or series of Tasks total up to the number of available hours for the staff person, it will highlight orange. If the total exceeds the number of available hours for the staff person, it will highlight red.
Using the Work Planning View at a glance:
- Look for individual team members or Roles that have hours highlighted in red or orange to quickly identify overburdened team members or at risk work
- Scan the rounded numbers within the Work Planning View for team members with more or less average available time
- Study the top rows to see exact amounts of available time per role or person
At present, this page is view-only, but hovering over a Task will present a pop-up displaying more details about that Task.
Work Planning View vs. Resource Allocation View
If you currently use the Resource Allocation view, you may be wondering what the difference is between the two views. You will get a different understanding of your workload, and the workload of your team depending on the view you use. Please refer to the table above for the key differences between these views in the system.
We would really like to hear your thoughts and feedback on this new view, as it will help us decide our next steps. Please share your feedback with us via email: email@example.com