Reports in FP
After you have set up your FP system, and begin to add Companies, Contacts, Notes, Briefs, Estimates, Jobs, Projects, Schedules, Tasks and Invoices, you will be able to pull meaningful reports on that content. Reports will enable you to do everything from generating a list of your prospective clients, to pulling a report on overdue Invoices.
There are several ways in which you can generate Reports in your FP system. These include:
- On Screen Interactive Reports: Such as Resource Allocation, Tasks/ To Dos full screen view, and the Job Financials Tab(s)
- Custom Search Reports: Using any "Find" routine
- Standardized Reports: The reports found under the Reports module on the main navigation bar
Please review this article to learn about each of these options.
Please note that access to any report in Function Point is permission based. Contact your in-house Function Point Administrator (the FP Prime) to request permission changes.
1. On Screen Interactive Reports
This section will look at a some of the interactive reports in the system including:
- Resources Link/Resource Allocation
- Task/ To Dos
- Job Financials Tab(s)
Resource Link / Resource Allocation
Hover over Tasks in the main navigation bar, and choose Resources Link from the resulting dropdown menu.
This page allows you to see if staff members have been “overbooked”, time-wise, through tasks. You can filter by date, as well as by Role or Staff Group. For more information on using the resource allocation tool, please review this article: Resource Allocation & the Work Calendar
Task /To Dos Full Screen View
You can access a full screen, detailed view of tasks across multiple staff members in 2 ways:
- By hovering over Tasks in the main navigation bar and choosing Tasks/ To Dos rom the resulting dropdown menu.
- By clicking the arrow on the Tasks/ To Dos tile on your Dashboard.
Choose to filter by one or more staff name, or role, as well as by Assigner/ Assignee, and task status (open, draft etc). Change the sort order by clicking any column header, and click the Task Title, Job Number or Name, to click into a detailed view of that Task.
Job Financials Tab(s)
Every Project and Job in your FP system has a tab within it that specifically shows related financial information.
Use the Start and End Date options on these tabs, and click Filter by Date, to filter the financial data by date. Note that regardless of dates, the Estimate values will not change, but you may see changes to Actual and Invoice values.
Every Job also has its own Reports tab, where you can pull reports specific to that Job.
2. Custom Search Reports: Find Routines
You can produce custom search reports using a Find routine. The Find option is available as a dropdown when hovering over each of the module headings on the main navigation bar (Companies, Contacts, Briefs etc). Selecting the Find option will always take you into a find page, where you can search by a variety of criteria.
Please review this article for a more thorough overview: Find Routines
The Job Find Routine is especially powerful. Begin by hovering over Jobs in the main navigation bar and choosing Find Job.
The Job Find page gives you a variety of fields to search by. Enter/ choose data into any field, and click Find Jobs to get your list view. Alternately, enter no data, and just hit Find Active to see all the current jobs (Jobs with an alias of Open status) in your system.
From the resulting list view, and depending on your permissions, you will see both the Default View, as well as the Editable List View.
From the Editable List view, the Status (Open, Complete etc), Delivery Date (due date of the job), and a bonus field called Date Description can all be in-line edited. Changes are saved immediately when you leave a field, with no need to hit a save or submit button.
In the top right of both the Default and Edit views, you will also see a series of icons showing the wide variety of ways in which you can see job related data.
- Change the sort order by clicking on any column header. Clear the sort with the Clear Sort button.
- Click Manage Columns to change the data that appears in the list, and in what order. See more information below.
- Choose to print the list in a couple of ways: (i) as a PDF of what you see on screen; (ii) as a .csv file of what you see on screen; (iii) as a .csv file of all Job related data. Note that .csv files should be opened using Excel.
- Click the report icon to see a drop down list of available job related reports that include:
Job List by Client: This report groups all the jobs in the agency (excluding the status of closed) by Company and includes the job number, job name, status, AE, due date the estimated number of hours, the actual number of hours and the variance.
Batch Status / Expanded summary Report: This report will show both an overview of all time and expenses and a comparison of estimated vs actuals vs invoiced values for each job in the list within a specified date range.
Task Report: See all of the tasks in this find report, organized by job.
Make Gantt: A visual representation of the jobs within the list
Job Summary by Client Report: An excel file that shows the variance between estimated vs actual hours by rate category 97. Production report: It is a trafficking report that gives you the ability to track all your jobs based on their specific milestones that lead up to your final due date and completion of each job.
Production Report: Open using Excel to see a listing of tasks and their associated milestones.
Revenue by Revenue Account Report: Shows the estimated vs actual and invoiced value of all of the services (revenue accounts) for all jobs in the list.
Brief Summary Report: An overview of all of the details included in a brief
5. Click Batch Invoice Add to create multiple invoices for a group of jobs (limit of 50 jobs)
Click Manage Columns to change the data that appears in the list, and in what order.
- Pick and choose what information to show on-screen from the Standard options (which include Client Lead, Job Category and Estimated Hours) and Advanced options (which include Creation Date, Days Open and Estimate Status).
- Tick an associated box to show on the list view, un-tick to not show.
- In the preview of the layout, drag and drop columns into the order you prefer.
- Save your changes.
The list will now be in the new order you have created, and showing only the information you chose. Go back to Manage Columns to change your selection as needed.
3. Standardized Reports: Using the Reports Module
Depending on your level of access in FP (aka permissions) you may see all, some or none of the available reports under the Reports module - found on the main navigation bar. Click on the name of any report to see more about what it includes, and how it outputs, or review some summary information below.
And to learn what Reports may be best for your different team members, please review this article: Reports by Agency Role
- Billable Hours Recovered (By Client): Use this report for a detailed look at financials for a particular Client, and/ or Job, within a date range.
- Billable Hours Recovered (By Staff): Use this report for a detailed look at financials for a particular Client, and/ or Job, within a date range, organized by Staff member(s).
- Invoiced vs. Actuals (All Clients): If you have Jobs in the status of Invoiced*, use this report to see a high-level comparison of Actual to Invoiced values for the selected date range.
- Invoiced vs. Actuals (By Client): If you have Jobs in the status of Invoiced*, use this report to see a high-level comparison of Actual to Invoiced values for the selected date range.
- Gross Profit (All Jobs): If you have Jobs in the status of Invoiced*, use this report to see an overview of your Costs, Actuals and Invoiced values for Jobs within a date range.
- Profit Analysis: Use this popular report to see an overview of all available values on your work. This is the best report to get a clear understanding of how profitable your work is at any given time.
- Estimate, Actual & Invoices Dollars by Company & Job: Use this report to see Estimated, Actual and Invoiced values, as well as comparisons of those values.
- Projects & Jobs by Client Summary: Use this report to see the variance between your Estimated hours and Actual hours.
- Sales Tax Summary: Use this report to see Taxes charged on Invoices within the date range you choose. This 2 tab report will provide both a summary and detail view of amounts charged, broken down by Tax Group.
- Status: Use this report for more detailed information on the Actual values of a selected Job in your system.
- Expanded Summary: Use this report for an expanded summary view into the Actual values of a selected Job in your system.
- Summary: Use this report for a summary view into the Actual values of a selected Job in your system.
- Status/Expanded Summary (Combined): Combining the top two reports above. This report will generate as a 2 page PDF.
- Status/Expanded Summary/Summary (Combined): Combining the top three reports above. This report will generate as a 3 page PDF.
- Cost: Use this report to see a breakdown of your Costs on any Job. Costs are organized by Service Group and will break down information by the date, Service, and the initials of the team member who either tracked the time, or entered the expense.
- CSV Export: The report breaks down the Job values by Service Group and Service, and includes Estimated values, Actual values, Actual Quantity (for Expenses) or Hours (for Time Tracked), a comparison of Estimated to Actuals, Invoiced amounts, and a comparison of Estimated to Invoiced.
- Multi Job Summary By Staff Member: Use this report to see summary information on one or more jobs, sorted by the individual who entered the job cost. It further organizes the data by Service Group and Services and provides a total by Service Group.
- Jobs by Account Executive: Use this report to see a detailed breakdown of Jobs, organized by the AE on the Job.
- Available Staff Resources: Use this report to see a comparison of available hours to forecasted hours, organized by Role, and broken down by month.
- Staff Utilization: Use this report to see a comparison of the available hours for each staff person versus the number of hours worked, and number of billable hours.
- Gross Revenue Forecast: Use this report to see a comparison of values entered into any Estimate level Revenue Forecasts to amounts you have invoiced and tracked time (actuals). Use the Forecasted Months field to determine how far in advance you wish to look.
- Outsourced Costs Forecast: Use this report to see the values of any Internal or External expense values entered into any Estimate level Revenue Forecasts. Use the Forecasted Months field to determine how far in advance you wish to look. Note that the Remainder column is not an on-screen calculation, but a display of any future dollar values for months not displayed on the pulled report parameters.
- Net Revenue Forecast: Use this report to see the values of any Internal Services entered into any Estimate level Revenue Forecasts. Use the Forecasted Months field to determine how far in advance you wish to look. Note that the Remainder column is not an on-screen calculation, but a display of any future dollar values for months not displayed on the pulled report parameters.
CRM & Sales
- Flagged Contacts (By Staff): Staff with the ability to update Contacts to your system, can Flag those contacts as they see fit. Use this report to see which clients any member of your team has marked as Flagged.
- New Business by Month Close and Percentage Close Probability: Use this report to get more information on your sales related activities. Narrow down your results by the Approval Status on the Estimates, the type of Company (ie. Client, Vendor), and the Account Executive.
- New Business by Account Executive & Qualification Level: Use this report to get more information on your sales related activities. Narrow down your results by the Approval Status on the Estimates, the type of Company (ie. Client, Vendor), and the Account Executive.
- Staff Task Assignment: Use this report to generate an on-screen list view of Tasks, and the Assignee staff member. This report can be modified to an extent. Learn how in this article: Modify the Staff Task Assignment Report Content & Printout
- Efficiency (All Staff): Use this report to quickly compare for all of your active Staff, the number of Billable hours and Non-Billable hours to Total Hours worked in a time frame. The number of Jobs worked on by the individual is also included. Note that if the Payroll Hours and Total Hours do not match, it is due to members of your team tracking time by Start/ Stop, and having multiple timesheet windows open and running.
- Efficiency (By Staff): Use this report to quickly compare for any particular member(s) of your active Staff, the number of Billable hours and Non-Billable hours to Total Hours worked in a time frame. Note that if the Payroll Hours and Total Hours do not match, it is due to members of your team tracking time by Start/ Stop, and having multiple timesheet windows open and running.
- Hours By Job/Service Group/Role/Staff: Use this report for a view into Estimated versus Actual Hours by Staff Person and Job. This report will be of more value for those clients estimating based on Role or Staff Person.
- Payroll Hours: Use this report for a more detailed view into your Timesheet related financials. The report shows the days of the week that were worked, the billable and non billable hours, the billable values and the cost values.
- Timesheet Review (One Day): Use this report to see a single day PDF report of Actual Hours and Billable hours tracked.
- Timesheet Review (Detailed): Use this report to get a detailed view into tracked time. The report includes a breakdown of hours worked by client and day. Totals by date and client also display.
Work In Progress
- Estimated vs. Actual vs. Invoiced: This report includes Job Number, Company Code, Project Code, Job Name, Invoiced Amounts, yet to be Billed Amounts, and Days Open.
- Estimated vs. Actual vs. Invoiced (Summary): Use this report to produce a list of your work in progress. Jobs on this report are organized by Company. This report includes Job Number, Job Name, Actual Totals, Estimate Totals, Invoiced Amounts, and yet to be Billed Amounts.
We welcome your questions or concerns: email@example.com