You can pull information out of your fp. system quickly and easily. Please review this article to learn the 3 ways in which reports can be viewed:
1) On Screen Interactive Reports. (For example: Resource Allocation, Tasks/ To Dos, and the Job Financials Tab)
2) Custom Search Reports. (aka any FIND routine)
3) Standardized Reports. (For example: the Reports tab from the main navigation bar)
Please note that access to Reports in Function Point are permission based. Contact your in house fp. Prime to have your permissions adjusted.
1. On Screen Interactive Reports
This section will look at a couple of the interactive reports in the system including:
- Resources Link/Resource Allocation
- Task/ To Dos
- Job Financials Tab
Resource Link /Resource Allocator
Using the Resources Link (Resource Allocation Page) under the TASKS from the main navigation bar, allows you to see if staff members have been “overbooked”, time-wise, through tasks.
For more information on the resource allocated please refer to Resource Allocation, Tasks & the Work Calendar
Task /To Dos
Job Financials Tab
The report titles in this tab reveal the data outputs however, here is more detail about the All in One report, and the job detail and job team printouts.
- All in One: Status Report, Expanded Summary, Summary Reports: This report is an overview of all time and expenses, a pdf of the Job financials tab comparing estimated vs actuals vs invoiced values and a comparison of estimated vs actuals vs invoiced at the service type level
- Job Detailed Printout: Sometimes referred to as the job jacket this printout includes service groups and services, job contacts, schedule, and brief.
- Job Team Printout including company details: Contact details for job contacts
2. Custom Search Reports: FIND Routine
You are able to produce custom search reports using the Find routine. The Find routine is available as a drop down option when hovering over each of the module headings on the navigation bar. Selecting the Find routine will always take you into a find page where you can set the specific criteria you are looking for (ex. date ranges, job #, company name). After setting the criteria and selecting the "find" key you will be dropped into a list view which can be exported as a csv or pdf.
Here are some of the key data that you can pull in each of the Find pages:
Companies Find: The company find can be used for prospecting. (For example: Producing a list of all prospects by industry or qualification level)
Contacts Find: After marking a contact as flagged in the contact details page you can use the find page to do a search of all of your flagged contacts and export the list for bulk emailing.
Notes Find: Notes are used for recording communication. You might want to produce a list of all notes created by a specific staff person.
Briefs Find: You can search for briefs by brief template type
Schedules Find: In the Schedule find page you can find all of your templates or who schedules are managed by.
Tasks Find: Search for tasks by status type or task number to learn the details about a specific task
Projects Find: Search for jobs that are grouped under a project by searching the code.
Estimates Find: Find Estimates by approval status. (For example: find all of the estimates in submitted status).
Jobs Find: Find jobs that were created within a specific date range. You can also select the editable list tick box to quickly change the status of a group of jobs. (Please see the next section to learn about the reports that live within the job find list)
Expenses Find: Search for expenses by exported status of unposted to send a group of expenses to QuickBooks using the fp.Accountant v2 tool.
Timesheets Find: Find timesheets that were entered within a specific date range
Invoices Find: Find paid vs unpaid invoices or search for invoices by exported status of unposted to send a group of expenses to QuickBooks using the fp.Accountant v2 tool. You can search for invoices within a batch.
Job Find Reports
1. Remove sort order: In any of the find pages you can sort the list by any of the columns by selecting the header. Clicking this icon will remove the current sort order.
2. Job list by client: This report groups all the jobs in the agency (excluding the status of closed) by Company and includes the job number, job name, status, AE, due date the estimated number of hours, the actual number of hours and the variance.
3. Batch status / Expanded summary report: This report will show both an overview of all time and expenses and a comparison of estimated vs actuals vs invoiced values for each job in the list within a specified date range.
4. Task report: Will give you all of the tasks by organized by jobs in the list.
5. Make gantt: A visual representation of the jobs within the list
6. Job summary by client report: An excel file that shows the variance between estimated vs actual hours by rate category
7. Production report: It is a trafficking report that gives you the ability to track all your jobs based on their specific milestones that lead up to your final due date and completion of each job.
8. Revenue by revenue account report: Shows the estimated vs actual and invoiced value of all of the services (revenue accounts) for all jobs in the list.
9. Brief summary report: An overview of all of the details included in a brief
10. Multi-invoice create: Allows you to create a batch invoice for a group of jobs (limit of 50 jobs)
3. Standardized Reports: Using the Reports Module
In this section we will look at the reports that are housed in the "Reports" module. We will be highlighting the key data that can be pulled from these reports but we would always encourage you to drill into each report once you have data in your system.
- Billable Hours Recovered (By Client) : Allows you to look at the number of billable hours against the job, the billable value of those hours, and the cost value (salary of the employee per hour) and how much has been invoiced and the profitability.
- Billable Hours Recovered (By Staff) : Allows you to look at the number of billable hours against the job, the billable value of those hours, and the cost value (salary of the employee per hour) and how much has been invoiced and the profitability.
- Invoiced vs. Actuals (All Clients) : The amount you have invoiced compared to the value of the billable work
- Invoiced vs. Actuals (By Client) : The amount you have invoiced compared to the value of the billable work
- Gross Profit (All Jobs) : (This report only works for jobs with the status of invoiced or closed) This report gives you an overview of cost (external and internal), billable (external and internal) and invoice values and your profitabilty.
- Profit Analysis : An overview of all values against jobs with multiple comparisons.
- Estimate, Actual & Invoices Dollars by Company & Job : Provides a view of all Job details with the information being displayed showing Company, Project and specific Job line summaries.
- Projects & Jobs by Client Summary : Provides a view of all job details with the information being displayed showing Company, Project and specific Job line summaries including Hours, Variance and Dollar Amounts.
- Note: This report only displays summary level financials for Estimated amounts.
- Sales Tax Summary : This report shows the invoice amounts and the tax amounts grouped by tax vendor for the invoices in the entered date range above. The resulting spreadsheet shows a summary by tax vendor , tax and a detail by tax vendor, invoice.
Job Tab (These reports look at single jobs)
- Status: An overview of all time and expenses
- Expanded Summary: PDF of the Job Financials tab comparing estimated vs actuals vs invoiced values.
- Summary: Comparing estimated vs actuals vs invoiced at the service type level
- Status/Expanded Summary (Combined): Combining the top two reports above
- Status/Expanded Summary/Summary (Combined): Combining the top three reports above
- Cost: An overview of timesheets with cost values (i.e. salary per hour of the employee doing the work)
- CSV Export: Standard job export
- Multi Job Summary By Staff Member: This report provides summary information on one or more jobs sorted by the individual who entered the job cost. It further organizes the data by service group and services and provides a total by service group.
- Individual Expanded: This report will show Individuals in your organization and how much time they have put against a Job with a Service Group/ Service breakdown. The report will state variance between the Estimated hours for the service and the Actual time entered by the Individual.
- Available Staff Resources: Connected to the work calendar it looks at the variance between available and forecasted by role
- Staff Utilization: Displays the total available hours for staff in a given date range, their target billable hours (set in staff details page), the total hours worked and the amount of those hours that were billable.
- Gross Revenue Forecast: Displays the data entered into the revenue forecast on the estimates (REV). It then compares that data to the invoiced amounts and the value of the work that you have done.
- Outsourced Costs Forecast: The total amount of external and internal expenses that are included in the revenue schedule on the estimate.
- Net Revenue Forecast: The value of your internal services in your revenue schedule.
CRM & Sales Tab
- Flagged Contacts (By Staff): The User Flagged Contacts Report will allow the user to find contacts flagged in the contact file by the user selected. It will produce a csv file of the data associated with each contact the user has flagged.
- New Business by Month Close and Percentage Close Probability : This report will permit a search of all companies with Estimates where the Account Executive, Month Close, Qualification on the Estimate and company has been defined.
- New Business by Account Executive & Qualification Level : This report will permit a search of all companies with Estimates where the Account Executive, Month Close, Qualification on the Estimate and company has been defined.
- Active Tasks (By Job): This report shows all of the active tasks grouped under all jobs across the agency
- Active Tasks (By Staff): This report displays all of the active tasks by employee
- Efficiency (All Staff): This report provides information on the efficiency of all of your active staff. Information includes the number of Billable and Non-Billable hours, as well as the values of the Billable hours versus the Payroll cost of the individual. The number of Jobs worked on by the individual is also included.
- Efficiency (By Staff): This shows the billable efficiency for a single staff person including the specific jobs they work on
- Hours By Job/Service Group/Role/Staff: Use this report to asses your Estimate Vs Actuals hours for each individual in your organization. Any time on Estimates not Estimated to specific individuals will appear as Un-Allocated time (time Estimated to Roles or Services)
- Payroll Hours: This report looks at the overview of timesheets by staff. It shows the days of the week that were worked, the billable and non billable hours, the billable values and the cost values.
- Timesheet Review (One Day): Provides a detailed review of the timesheets that are submitted by staff on a selected day
- Timesheet Review (Detailed): This report provides detailed information on the hours spent on different tasks by an individual for the chosen week. The report is in the format of a downloadable Excel file, with a worksheet for every individual specified.
- Post Timesheet Day: Allows to post (approve) timesheets on a selected day
Work In Progress Tab
- Estimated vs. Actual vs. Invoiced: Displays a list of jobs their estimated billable value, actual billable value, invoiced amounts, and comparisons between invoiced vs actual and actual vs estimate (Similar to the Job Financial Tab).
- Estimated vs. Actual vs. Invoiced (Summary): Displays the same data as above excluding the breakdown of internal and external services
- Outside Costs By Service and Vendor: This report shows work in progress external costs by vendor.