More About Files
Want to know more fun facts about Files in fp.? Please review this article for some further details regarding files.
A file is uploaded to the fp. file section as a digital asset associated with a Company, Project, Job or Estimate as a means to associate it with the specific module.
Uploading it to a lower level module will automatically associate it the appropriate company above:
- i.e. if a file is added to a job, estimate or project it will be included in the company files section in the main fp. application.
- File "folders" can be made to group things together.
A file is a stand-alone item.
- You can add a file name and description to the file, but it is not meant as a collaboration feed.
- Uploaded files are generally "final" versions or versions that the user wants associated to the module.
Files Within Notes
A "Note File" will also show in the files section, but adding a file to a note adds the capability of commenting and collaboration.
- The system does this by creating a folder for each note that contains 1 or more files.
- Uploading a file within a note should be used to associate the file with the ability to add comments and either collaborate on the file itself, or to provide additional information about the note.
- This is generally used for "unfinished" work that requires collaboration or basic comments. (this does not have mark-up capabilities, but does allow you to associate a comment to a file or multiple files within a note).
- The note files will also be associated with the appropriate job (if applicable) and company.
- Making both the note and file visible to your client will also allow external collaboration and comments.
If you add a file to a note, it will be associated to the job (if applicable) and company.
Files Within Tasks
A "Task File" is essentially the same as a note file - it will also show in the files section, but adding a file to a task adds the capability of including any appropriate fine for the task to be completed (i.e. a mock-up or wire-frame etc.)
- Task files can only be used and shared within the main fp. app (i.e. tasks do not show on the Client Portal).
Files in the Client Portal
As above, files within notes and files uploaded directly as a file will simply show the file (with description) and files within a note add a collaboration component.
- Files show up in 2 places (always attached to a job) - clicking on a job within "active work" will allow users to see the files associated to that job.
- Note - in order to see the job and files under it, the "client" or "user" must be a contact on the job and have the privilege to see jobs.
- Files also show up under the "Files" module (this also shows which files are attached to which jobs). The purpose of this module is to allow users to quickly view all files on all jobs that they are a contact for.
- Files that are a part of a note will also show up in the files section (both under active work and in the files module).
- Files can be uploaded either to a note or directly as a file (if the user has the privilege to do so)