More On Office Separation
Clients with more than one Office in their system, have the option to turn on a system preference called Office Separation. Please review this article to learn more about what this setting does and does not affect in your system.
Where the setting can be found
You will land on the tab called System. Should you make any changes to the settings here, click Submit to save that change.
Office Separation is either on or off across the entire system. It cannot be on for some users, and off for others.
Where to see which Staff are associated to which Office?
From the Admin menu, choose Rate and Staff Management > Staff, Staff Rates and Permissions.
Here, you will see your staff list. The Office column will show to which office each staff person belongs. In the example above, most staff are with my Canadian Office, Chicken Scratch Design, but I have a couple of people with my US branch of Chicken Scratch USA.
Where to change which Office Staff are associated?
To move a staff person to another Office, first find them within the Contacts module. Enter some or all of the first name, or last name, and click Find Contacts when ready. You could also choose to narrow down results by searching the Contact Type of "Staff."
Once you are on the page for the correct contact, click Edit Details.
In the Company field, type all of some of the alternate address name and tab out. Alternately, click the magnifying glass to see a list of available offices from which you can pick one.
Click Submit to save your changes.
What is true with Office Separation ON
- Staff with permission(s) to create estimates and jobs, can only create those against the Office to which they are associated.
- Staff with the permission(s) to add or adjust Job Contacts, AEs, Client Leads and Lead Creatives can only select staff from the same Office as their own.
- Staff with permission(s) to search within the system can filter that search against the Office to which they are associated.
- Staff with permission(s) to pull reports, cannot adjust the scope of some reports based on any Office other than the one to which they are associated.
What is true with Office Separation OFF
- Staff with permission(s) to create estimates and jobs, can create those against any Office in the system.
- Staff with the permission(s) to add or adjust Job Contacts, AEs, Client Leads and Lead Creatives can select staff from any Office in the system.
- Staff with permission(s) to search within the system can filter that search to be against any Office in the system.
- Staff with permission(s) to pull reports, can narrow down the scope of some reports based on any Office in the system.
What is true regardless of the Office Separation option, when you have more than 1 Office
- The fp. system can only have 1 active banner image.
- The fp. system can only have 1 company name used on the login page.
- The Office to which a Company is associated, is based on the Office of the AE for that Company.
- Each Office can have its own logo uploaded to appear on printouts.
- Each Office can have up to 3 Brand Templates enabled. and up to 3 of each printout set to enabled at any time.
You can create Service Groups that are only visible when creating estimates/ jobs for a particular Office.
Include any of your active Internal Services, Internal Expenses or External Expenses to that group.
Note that Internal Services, Internal Expenses and External Expenses are free floating - they're not associated to any Office, and their availability to different Offices is applied via the availability of the Service Group.
Above - when adding an estimate for the Canadian Office, I see several Service Groups. But only when adding an estimate for the US Office, do I see the limited visibility Service Group.