Printing POs and RFQs
Exciting News! Updates have been made to the UI since this document was created. Although the functionality in this article hasn’t changed, the look and feel has, and some elements may have moved
Click here to have a look at an intro video with the new UI.
The External Expense feature can be used to generate a client facing Purchase Order or Request for Quote. Please review this article to learn more.
Generate your external expense form as normal - hovering over EXPENSES in the main navigation bar and choosing External > Add Expense is a quick way to get to the form you'll need.
Please review this article to learn more about the external expense form: Filling Out External Expenses
Enter Internal Information
As with other areas of fp., fields highlighted in yellow are required.
1) Enter the name (or part of the name) of the vendor, supplier, partner or freelancer. Note that in order for a company to pull to the Supplier field, they must have a Company Type (on their Company Details page) of either Vendor, ,Supplier, Freelance or Partner.
2) Enter the date of the expense.
3) Enter the memo description. This description can be for your internal use, and will not pull to the printout, or invoice.
4) If you are using this form as a Purchase Order, you can choose from among Terms for the PO. Add/ edit terms via the ADMIN area > System Set Up > List Maintenance.
5) The reference # can be anything you want - many of our users enter their vendor's PO # here. Note that you can only use the same reference number once per vendor/ supplier. If you are using fp.Accountant for QuickBooks exporting, this field MUST have a unique number entered in it.
6) Choose an AP account from your Chart of Accounts.
7) Choose the correct office for this expense, should you have more than one.
Enter Job Information
Next, we want to fill in information about the associated job for this PO/ RFQ.
8) Enter the dollar value that was quoted by the vendor if this is a PO. There will need to be a dollar value here, in order for a dollar value to show on the PO or RFQ printout.
9) Enter the Job, Service Group and Expense Type information for this expense. Note that the Service Group options are populating based on what is in your estimate/ job, and the Expense Type options are pulling from what you have listed in ADMIN > Manage Services & Expenses > External Expenses (% Mark Up)
10) Choose the appropriate COGS/ Quickbooks account from your system.
Click Save in the bottom right.
And once you receive the invoice from your vendor/ supplier, you can come back into this expense to Edit it.
Enter all the information you have, into the available fields. You may use more or less of the fields, depending on the invoice they give you.
11) Enter any description of the expense, PO or RFQ wording that you want to display on a printout.
12) Enter any information from the invoice from your supplier or vendor ie. quantity, discount percentage, subtotal.
13) Enter any mark-ups from your side, and an override amount as needed.
14) Client Save when done.